MANERBIO, August 23, 2017
The four seeded players, who were in Wednesday’s action at the €43,000 Internazionali di Manerbio Trofeo “Dimmidisi”, found their way into the quarterfinals.
Guillermo Garcia-López took revenge on Danilo Petrovic of Serbia, who had beaten the Spaniard in Cordenons last week. The tournament’s number one won 51 per cent of the total points played to secure a 6-4, 1-6, 6-3 victory in one hour and 37 minutes.
Garcia-López will next take on fifth favourite Oscar Otte. The 24-year-old from Germany eased past Canadian Steven Diez 6-2, 6-1 after one hour and 14 minutes.
Second seed Adam Pavlasek emerged victorious from the all-Czech-affair with Marek Jaloviec 6-0, 6-2. The World No. 137 from Bilovec saved the only break point he faced, converting five of his own to advance after only 63 minutes.
“We know each other pretty well, so it’s never easy to play against someone like him. I am very happy to win the match in a pretty comfortable way,” Pavlasek told Tennis TourTalk afterwards.
The 22-year-old Czech will next face Spanish veteran Tommy Robredo, who defeated Kimmer Coppejans from Belgium 6-1, 6-1 in 64 minutes.
“I have never played against Tommy,” Pavlasek said. “Of course I know him. He is an unbelievable player and I will try to do my best.”
After qualifying for his first main draw at a Grand Slam in Paris last year, Pavlasek competed in the main draw of the Australian Open and Wimbledon this year.
“It is always a great experience to play at the biggest tournaments. I hope to continue like this but I need to stay healthy. At the beginning of the year I had to cope with a wrist injury and I was forced to rest for several week. I lost a lot of points but now I am finally back.”