AO Press Release, January 7, 2020
The new Australian Open App is now live as the countdown to AO 2020 begins.
Developed by the AO digital team in partnership with Infosys, the Official Digital Innovation Partner of the Australian Open, is a result of extensive user consultation to help fans make the most of their trip to Melbourne Park.
The revamped AO App is designed to ensure on-site fans can get the most of out their day and enjoy and engage with the many experiences the Australian Open has to offer.
· Up-to-date Australian Open match schedules
· Real time scores, draws and highlights
· An interactive and searchable site map, including directions on how to get to your destination
· Information on every restaurant and bar at Melbourne Park
· Details and start times of entertainment for kids and family activities
· Complete details of artist performances at the AO Live Stage
· A customised favourites section so fans can be notified on the latest information about their favourite player, match, band and restaurant.
The App delivers more real-time content than ever before, as well as providing enhanced interactive capabilities such as a precinct map and details of every hospitality offering available at Melbourne Park.
“The fan is always at the heart of our customer experience focus at the Australian Open and the new App allows us to bring the tournament closer to our fans providing them with everything they need to know right at their fingertips,” Australian Open Tournament Director Craig Tiley said.
“We want to make sure each fan, whether they are local or an international visitor, can use the App to help them design their own AO experience, ensuring they don’t miss a moment of the action, whether that’s on-court or through our hospitality, shopping, entertainment or family offerings.