AO Press Release, December 30, 2017
Australian Open fans are in for a treat this summer when the fun and excitement of Paris, London, New York and Melbourne are brought to life on Grand Slam Oval.
“We’re excited by our new look Grand Slam Oval and know that the fans are going to love it,” Australian Open Tournament Director Craig Tiley said.
“The all-new Melbourne Beach Club is sure to be a fan favourite with its relaxed summer atmosphere, sandy dance floor at the Coopers Bar, wading pool at theMastercard Beach Club and of course tennis on the big screen at the Jacob’s Creek Wine Bar.
“London Rocks, Highway USA and the Paris Quarter will showcase some of the best food from each of our sister Grand Slam nations including southern barbecue at San Antone, fresh French pastries at La Boulangerie and Fresh Court Fish & Chips.
“We pride ourselves on being the most fan-friendly event and are constantly striving to give everyone more and more reasons to be here. When you add in the world-class tennis and music, there really is no better place to be this summer than the Australian Open,” Tiley continued.
The Melbourne Beach Club will literally be the coolest place to hang out on-site with:
· An expanded Coopers Bar featuring a sandy-dance floor to get into the beach theme
· Jacob’s Creek Wine Bar with fan-favourite Frosé, deck chairs, beach umbrellas and several cabanas for fans to take in all the action on the big screens from
· The brand-new three-storey Mastercard Beach Club where fans can dip their toes with an LED beach wall in the background
· Mamasita, Gazi and Burger Project serving up all the best food Melbourne has to offer.
Other highlights for fans on Grand Slam Oval will be:
· London Rocks featuring an iconic double decker bus, Fresh Court Fish & Chips and a Disputed Call Bar.
· Highway USA where fans can enjoy some old fashioned southern barbecue at San Antone, relax at the Canadian Club Pit Stop Bar or dig into some hand-crafted masterpieces at Doughnut Time.
· The Paris Quarter featuring La Boulangerie offering up the freshest French pastries, La Maison du Champagne, Lavazza and Häagen-Dazs.
Other Australian Open highlights include:
· Club Aperol in Garden Square and another two pop-ups around the precinct
· Emirates EK Cam in Rod Laver Arena which last year saw thousands of fans use the feature to snap a selfie
· Rolex Virtual Hall of Fame which uses augmented reality to bring to life the bust of Rod Laver in Garden Square
· A Facebook messenger FanBot powered by Mastercard which conducts conversations with fans and updates them on everything AO related including stats, news and giveaways
· SERVED powered by Mastercard, a mobile application designed to get served faster and avoid the queues for selected food and beverage outlets on site.
Grand Slam Oval and Garden Square along with Hisense Arena and all outside courts are accessible via an AO Ground Pass available to purchase now at:ticketek.com.au.