MONTREAL, April 17, 2018 (Press Release)
IGA and its merchants are continuing their engagement in the community by signing a long-term partnership with Tennis Canada. The company aims to become more involved in the sport, adding to their existing implication in the environmental, nutritional education and health domains. Both organizations intend to make tennis more accessible to families across Quebec.
IGA/Tennis Canada partnership highlights:
- This deal will allow IGA to continue to shine in the Montreal region and throughout the province, notably by giving its name to Jarry Stadium, which will now be called IGA Stadium.
- As part of this partnership, IGA will put in place concrete actions to encourage families to discover tennis and young people to be active by practicing this growing sport:
- An Open House presented by IGA on Saturday, June 2 will allow families to discover IGA Stadium and learn to play tennis. A range of activities will be organized for all age groups. The programming will be unveiled in the coming weeks.
- The Déziel and Barcelo IGA branches will be offering 500 10-hour tennis cards at IGA Stadium to children 12 and under, allowing them to play for free during the summer – that’s 5,000 hours of free tennis! The cards are available at IGA Stadium starting today.
- IGA becomes the title sponsor of the Rogers Cup Family Weekend, which will take place August 3-5.
- Like in tennis, good service is essential to the success of IGA. The organization wants to take advantage of this partnership opportunity to demonstrate all that it offers to Montrealers, especially with its online grocery service, the first of its kind to be launched in Quebec more than 20 years ago.
“Our partnership with Tennis Canada and the name change of Jarry Stadium, which now becomes IGA Stadium, will allow IGA to be more present in the lives of Montrealers by establishing ourselves even more on the local scene. I must say that we are particularly pleased to be the title sponsor of the Rogers Cup Family Weekend, which will take place August 3-5. This event represents the perfect opportunity to illustrate the link between the excellence of tennis and the democratization of this sport among families. We are proud to associate IGA to the excellence and practice of sport with this new financial commitment in the community.”
– Pierre St-Laurent, Executive Vice President, Quebec, Sobeys
“We are very pleased to welcome IGA to our tennis family. They are a partner who has already shown us how committed and active they are to making tennis more accessible to families, a value that we obviously share. IGA will help us to accomplish the mission that we established for ourselves when we took over management of the Stadium, which is to give the people of Montreal access to quality facilities and to encourage more and more young people to pick up a racquet and play. We are confident that in the coming years we will be able to accomplish great things together.”
– Eugène Lapierre, Senior Vice President, Professional Tennis, Quebec, Tennis Canada
“Beyond the name of the Stadium, we found a significant partner in IGA. We first worked in partnership with IGA last summer at the National Bank Cup in Quebec City. We then approached them for a much more important partnership because we found that our two organizations shared similar values, including contributing to a healthy society from a nutritional and sporting capacity.”
– Claude Savard, Vice President, Corporate Partnerships, Tennis Canada