ORLANDO, June 21, 2018 (Press Release)
The USTA National Campus in Orlando, Fla. will become the new host of the 10th and final event on the 2018 Invesco Series QQQ tennis circuit on December 6, featuring a celebration of American tennis legends.
The one-night tournament will feature four American champion players – former world No. 1 and two –time French and Australian Open champion Jim Courier, 2003 U.S. Open champion and former world No. 1 Andy Roddick, former U.S. Davis Cup star and former world No. 4 James Blake and former U.S. Davis Cup star and 2004 Olympic silver medalist Mardy Fish.
The event will be played on the hard court stadium at the USTA National Campus and will start at 7 pm. Tickets will be available at InvescoSeries.com starting September 15. The event will feature two one-set semifinal matches followed by a one-set championship match in one session. The Orlando event takes the place of the previously announced Denver event.
“We are excited to partner with the USTA to showcase icons of American tennis at this incredible facility. The USTA has supported Champions Tennis since we started the tour 14 years ago. We appreciate their continued support and look forward to many years of world class tennis in Orlando”, said Jim Courier, co-founding partner of InsideOut Sports and Entertainment.
“The USTA National Campus has allowed Orlando to become the home of American tennis, welcoming athletes and their families to our community year round. We’re thrilled that this incredible facility will host an event on the 2018 Invesco Series QQQ circuit and look forward to celebrating American tennis and some of its legends here in December,” said Buddy Dyer, Orlando Mayor.
“The USTA National Campus is thrilled to serve as the host of the 2018 Invesco Series QQQ culminating event,” said Kurt Kamperman, Chief Executive, USTA National Campus. “It will be a truly unique experience for the Central Florida community to watch this historic group of American tennis legends play underneath the lights of our world-class facility.”
The Invesco Series QQQ is the North American tennis circuit for champion tennis players over the age of 30 and features other tennis legends including John McEnroe, Tommy Haas, Lleyton Hewitt and Mark Philippoussis.
So far in 2018, Haas, playing his first year on the circuit, has won titles in Charleston, S.C. and at Kohala Coast, Hawaii, while Philippoussis has won the only other event played so far in Toronto, Canada.
The remaining 2018 Invesco Series QQQ schedule is as follows:
- July 22: Newport, R.I. (International Tennis Hall of Fame) – Lleyton Hewitt, Jim Courier, Tommy Haas and James Blake
- August 19: Winston-Salem, N.C. (Wake Forest University) – Andy Roddick, James Blake, Michael Chang, and Mark Philippoussis
- August 23, 24: New Haven, CT (Connecticut Tennis Center at Yale) – John McEnroe, Tommy Haas, James Blake and Todd Martin
- October 4: St. Louis, MO (Chaifetz Arena) – John McEnroe, Andy Roddick, Jim Courier, and Mark Philippoussis
- October 6: Houston, TX (Tudor Fieldhouse) – John McEnroe, Andy Roddick, James Blake, and Jim Courier
- October 21: Los Angeles, CA (Sherwood Country Club) – Andy Roddick, James Blake, Tommy Haas, and Mardy Fish
- December 6: Orlando, FL (USTA National Campus) – Jim Courier, Andy Roddick, James Blake and Mardy Fish