LAVER Cup Press Release, September 7, 2018
Fans are in for a treat as world-class tennis and some of the biggest names in the sport hit Chicago for the Laver Cup later this month.
The spectacular Laver Cup Fan Zone, the biggest ever staged at the famed United Center, will be open to the public Thursday, September 20 through Sunday, September 23 from 10am daily, with a special USTA family preview event taking place from 4pm on September 20.
The Laver Cup Fan Zone is open to the public, however a ticket will be needed for entry and can be secured here: www.lavercup.com/tickets
Fans with match tickets will be able to use their tickets to enter the Fan Zone.
Fans will have the rare opportunity to see some of the world’s best players, including Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Alexander Zverev, Grigor Dimitrov, Juan Martin del Potro, Kevin Anderson, John Isner, Nick Kyrgios and Jack Sock as they go through their warm-ups on the purpose built practice court located in the heart of the Laver Cup Fan Zone.
The iconic black Laver Cup court will be replicated within a stunning three-storey glass structure so fans can view all the action as the players of Team Europe and Team World prepare for their matches.
Other features of the Laver Cup Fan Zone include:
· Giant LED Screens to catch all the on-court action
· The International Tennis Hall of Fame interactive gallery featuring the history of the game and celebrating the legends
· Photo opportunities with the iconic Laver Cup Trophy
· Mini tennis courts hosted by the USTA. Test your tennis skills and learn some of the basics of the game using modified equipment
· Net Generation Experience sponsored by the USTA – arcade style games for kids and a host of other activities for kids and adults
“There is an incredible appetite for the Laver Cup in Chicago, and the Fan Zone will be a perfect opportunity for our fans to join together and celebrate this world-class event,” Laver Cup managing director Steve Zacks said.
“There will be a great atmosphere and fans will be able to connect to the game in ways they haven’t experienced before. They’ll be able to see their favorite players up close and personal and enjoy this unrivaled setting with tennis lovers from around the world.”
Laver Cup partners will also create a premium experience in the Fan Zone, withBarilla, JPMorgan Chase and Wilson, among others, all contributing to the excitement with activations including:
· Barilla Masters of Pasta Cucina, serving up delectable, authentic pasta recipes and engaging cooking demonstrations from notable chefs through the weekend
· Chase Lounge bar and lounge seating area for fans to relax and watch all the on-court action on a giant screen
· Chicago-based Wilson pop-up retail shop with racket stringing and other sports gear, including the racket that Federer will use exclusively during the Laver Cup.
An array of top local restaurants will open throughout the Laver Cup Fan Zone, providing their signature dishes, all with global appeal, including a wine bar and beer tent.
Official Laver Cup merchandise, guaranteed to become collectors’ items, will be available at the Fan Zone, including Team Europe and Team World player apparel.
The Laver Cup Fan Zone will be located north of the United Center in Lot C.
Dates and times:
Thursday September 20: 11:00am to 10:00pm
Family day preview: From 4:00pm
Friday and Saturday September 21-22: 10:00am to 10:00pm
Sunday 23 September: 10:00am until play concludes