LAVER CUP Press Release, September 21, 2018
A roll-call of global and local brands are preparing to take the Laver Cup fan experience to new heights at the United Center in Chicago.
Founding partner Rolex and global sponsors JPMorgan Chase and Mercedes-Benz have supported the event from the inaugural year, as have global suppliers Wilson and Moët & Chandon, and are back for the second edition of what is fast becoming the must-see event in world tennis.
“We are delighted to continue our partnership with global brands Rolex, JPMorgan Chase and Mercedes-Benz, along with Wilson and Moët & Chandon, in year two of the Laver Cup,” Managing Director Steve Zacks said.
“To have such strong partnerships with these global brands in just our second year indicates how much excitement and interest the Laver Cup has created internationally in a short space of time.
“We are also delighted to welcome a host of local partners, such as Barilla, an international Italian food company based in Parma, Italy, and NetJets, among others, all of whom are keen to support the Laver Cup and activate at the event.
“We are planning a once-in-a-lifetime experience at what will be the largest-ever Fan Zone seen at the United Center,” Zacks continued.
Fans will be able to enjoy a variety of experiences as part of the Laver Cup weekend. The Fan Zone is open from Thursday September 20 with a special launch for families from 4.00 pm.
Fans are expected to turn out in their droves to see the players warming up on the glamorous black practice court in a purpose-built two-story glass pavilion, try out their tennis skills at the USTA NetGeneration activation and sample a range of delicious foods on offer.
Fun activations within the Fan Zone include:
· will have Roger Federer’s Limited Edition Pro Staff RF97, which the 20-time Grand Slam champion will be wielding at the Laver Cup, available for sale, alongside their full performance range. Fans can also customize tennis racquets, footballs, basketballs and volleyballs. Partnering with the USTA, Wilson is one of the driving forces for the on-court experiences at the Fan Zone this year
· will unveil the “Barilla Masters of Pasta Cucina,” serving up delectable, authentic pasta recipes and engaging cooking demonstrations from notable chefs throughout the weekend
· will offer a premium “Chase Lounge” experience for card holders to enjoy
· The official condiment of the 2018 Laver Cup, will also be featured in the Fan Zone. They will supply Grey Poupon, the original Dijon Mustard since 1777, for all player and hospitality areas.
Other brands will also play large roles in ensuring the success of the Laver Cup:
· Clocks from Founding partner and Official Time Keeper of Laver Cup,Rolex will be featured on-court and across the venue
· The event’s official private airline aviation partner, will provide transportation for Rod Laver and players
· Mercedes-Benz is the official vehicle of the Laver Cup and with a fleet of 40 Merdedes-Benz GLS’ will transport players and officials around Chicago, including the official welcome ceremony at the Pritzker Pavilion and the Laver Cup Opening Night at Navy Pier
· is the official provider of medical services for the Laver Cup and will have a team of highly qualified medical staff onsite during the event
·is the Official Champagne partner of the Laver Cup and a presenting partner for the Laver Cup Opening Night, featuring Moët & Chandon Imperial Brut Champagne
·is the official currency exchange of the event. Launched in 2010, TransferMate is an international company that improves your cross-border payments, while saving time & money.
The Laver Cup Fan Zone is free and open to the public. A ticket is needed for entry and can be secured here: