STARNBERG, April 17, 2020
World No. 59 Alizé Cornet announced plans to publish her first book “Sans Compromis” in September, in which she tells about her life on the tennis tour.
“I’ve always been a big fan of literature,” Cornet said in an interview for the French tennis federation’s website.
“It’s all my own work. It’s a mixture of autobiography and travelogue,” added the 30-year-old. Due to the coronavirus outbreak, the book publication has been postponed. It was due to coincide with the French Open in May.
“The idea now is for it to be published before Roland-Garros in September,” said Cornet, who is also working on a fictional novel at the same time. “I’m writing another book which is not at all in the same vein. The stories are about an imagined world. I have no intention of publishing that one. It’s just for pleasure. It’s what I like doing and it helps me to pass the time.”
— Alize Cornet (@alizecornet) April 9, 2020
Cornet, however, seems to cope well with the suspension of the tour and the ongoing self-isolation.
“Being confined isn’t going too badly. I can go to the basement to work out and keep fit but like a lot of people, I really miss being out there and playing tennis.”
Cornet has lifted six singles trophies on the WTA Tour. Her last title win came in 2018 Gstaad, Switzerland. The former World No. 11 finished runner-up to compatriot Fiona Ferra at the Ladies Open Lausanne last year and made it to the semi-finals of the Hobart International.