STARNBERG, June 29, 2021 (Guest post)
Tennis is the second most popular sport in bookmakers that goes right after football. Live tennis bets are very popular as well since a sports match is much more dynamic than football, and events happen much more often. Players who are not going to wait for a goal to be scored in football bet on the winners of tennis champs and sets right during the match. With this in mind, it is no wonder that the volume of betting on this sport on some days outstrips the volume of betting on football.
In this article, you will learn how to bet on tennis, what you need to know, and what to look for when you try free betting from the best reviews of real players. Let’s dive deep so that you know why this sport is so popular among bettors.
Types of Tennis Bets
There are a couple of different bets that you can make on tennis. Here is what you can do:
- Outcome bet — The bet offers to guess which of the two players will be the winner of the given match. The smallest margin and the highest betting limits are usually offered to win, but you will hardly be able to find a significant spread of odds here. According to recent stats, this type of bet is the most popular among players;
- Handicap — When betting on a handicap, you are trying to guess the approx number of games that one player will win. Handicap in this sport can be both positive and negative. A plus is given to outsiders, and a minus one is given to favourites. For example, if you are gambling on one of the athletes to win with a handicap of -3.5, you need him to win at least 4 games in total. Betting +3.5 handicap, you should be sure that the player you bet on does not lose more than 3 games in total. Handicap by sets means that you predict the winner of a pair, taking into account a specific plus or minus handicap of sets;
- Total — It is a bet on the total number of games scored by the two tennis players in a match. You can bet that there will be more or less of the number offered in the line.
The strategy of betting on tennis and pre-match analytics of tennis fights is something that many consider complicated. On the other hand, it is easier than in other sports — there are too many factors that can affect the final result in one way or another. Let’s consider the most important of them.
- Coating — One of the key factors affecting pre-match layouts is the surface on which the match will be played;
- Tournament status — One of the determining factors in player motivation is the status of the tournament. The higher the status of the tournament is, the more advantages the seeded players have.
- Face-to-face confrontation — In this case, there is such a thing as an “inconvenient adversary.” The inconvenience may be associated with the style of the game, the manner of serving, the working hand (left-handed, right-handed).
Betting on tennis is a whole science that comes with its own formulas, constants, variables, and unknowns. The success of betting depends on an analysis of the current condition of players and other factors, such as court coverage, weather, etc.