Tennis Australia Press Release, December 27, 2021
ALL seats inside John Cain Arena (JCA) will be open to Ground Pass holders at Australian Open 2022.
With Ground Passes starting at just $49 during the tournament’s first week, they are set to become the hottest tickets in town given JCA — renowned for being ‘the people’s court’ — has historically served up some of the most entertaining AO matches.
Several of those epic battles have featured Nick Kyrgios, who has declared JCA his favourite place to play and where enthusiastic crowds have made it his court of choice at the Australian Open.
Kyrgios backed the decision to make all seats available to Ground Pass holders at JCA, which previously offered a combination of reserved ticketed seating alongside access for fans with Ground Passes.
“I’ve had some of the most incredible and memorable matches of my career at the Australian Open on John Cain Arena,” Kyrgios said.
“At this year’s AO the atmosphere was just amazing and something I will never forget. There is something special about playing on that court that brings out the best in me and let’s hope it’s like that in January.
“I love playing on the court because it’s fantastic for the fans, and the fact that everyone in JCA this year will be there on a Ground Pass will be even better.
“I think this will elevate the atmosphere to an even higher level.”
“Offering up John Cain Arena exclusively for ground pass ticket holders is another way we can make the AO even more fan friendly,” Australian Open Tournament Director Craig Tiley said.
“There have been many memorable matches at JCA over the years, and the players – particularly many of our Aussies, love to compete in front of the enthusiastic and passionate crowds. After a year when so many fans have missed enjoying live sport, we expect the atmosphere at JCA to be electric in January.”
Ground passes range between $29 to $59 for adults during the tournament, and $5 for kids up to the age of 14.
As well as seats at JCA, ground passes offer:
· ACCESS to the famous Grand Slam Oval, which this year will be inspired by the laneways of Melbourne. GSO will feature well known music acts throughout the tournament.
· INCREDIBLE tennis on all the outside courts across the whole precinct including the new 5,000-seat show court, which is next to JCA.
· WORLD class food and dining options throughout the precinct.
· AUSTRALIAN Open fashion and shopping, including the AO Superstore and Ralph Lauren boutique.
· THE AO Ballpark, which returns in 2022 and is located at the JCA end of Melbourne Park.