STARNBERG, June 1, 2022 (Guest Post)
Tennis is one of the most popular sports around the world with millions of followers. Its popularity skyrocketed during the last two decades, as the powerful trio of Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic took it to a whole new level. What’s more, there were plenty of other players such as Andy Murray who participated in pushing the boundaries.
That made betting on tennis more fun, as every tournament was completely unpredictable. Things are pretty much the same nowadays. New players are emerging and challenging the older giants who are now nearing retirement. However, learning how to bet on tennis is the same as it was back then. It requires careful analysis and following players through tournaments. We’ll get into all the details that explain tennis betting and everything that you should know about it.
Find a Versatile Platform on Tennis Betting That Works for You
Before you start your tennis betting journey, you need to ensure that you’ve chosen the best platform in New Zealand for your betting adventures. Luckily, there are quite a few options. Plus, you don’t have to strictly look for a bookmaker platform, as any good online casino has a sports section where you can place a tennis bet. If you’re unsure what to look for, here are a couple of things to consider:
- Competitive odds – Since you’ll be tennis gambling most of the time, the most important element is the odds. Browse multiple online platforms until you find one that has the best tennis odds.
- An abundance of betting markets – Betting tennis markets create a lot of options for expert tennis watchers. Therefore, while you’re exploring odds, also take note of available markets such as tennis betting in play.
- Selection of payment methods – See what are the available payment options. You can also check whether popular cryptocurrencies are available. The more payment options are available the better.
- Mobile-friendliness – You need a platform that’s compatible with all the popular platforms. So no matter if you’re on a mobile, tablet, or computer, you need to have access to all betting features.
- Security – You’ll share a lot of private data with an online gambling platform, make sure it’s secure. Make sure that the online bookmaker is using encryption.
With all this in mind, you can find a platform that first your tennis betting needs perfectly. You can then continue to learn how to bet on tennis and win.
Understand the Basic Tennis Concepts
Every sport is unique in some kind of way. The only way to increase your odds of winning is to understand the underlying concepts in tennis. While many say that it requires extreme physical toughness, it also requires incredible mental toughness. A player can be in his top shape, but if the opponent manages to break his will, there’s not much that he can do. The stress will negatively impact his performance, leading to him losing.
Another thing to keep in mind is that tennis is unique in one way, if you’re not winning, you’re losing. There is a draw in many sports, including basketball, football, and soccer. However, that’s not the case with tennis. There always has to be a winner. That kind of pressure is unique to this sport, and understanding this will help you make a better bet.
Follow Tennis Player News and Previous Results
New Zealanders who want to ensure they’re placing well-informed bets will have to take some time to tennis-related news. Learning about players can help a bettor increase his odds when placing a bet. Some interesting factors to consider are:
- Private life gossip – As tennis is a focus-intensive game, any issue from private life can have an impact on a player’s performance. That’s why following news can help you make the right bet.
- Last matches performance – Taking a look at recent matches is a good idea, as you can get a better image of the mental state of the player. If they’ve had a couple of wins in previous matches, they’ll feel more confident.
- Previous meeting performance – Recent matches are one thing, but history with a player is another. One more unique thing about tennis is that every match is unique. Even though someone plays excellently against numerous others, there’s always that one player that challenges them the most.
- Injuries – If someone is going through an injury, there’s a high chance they won’t perform maximally. That greatly reduces their odds of winning.
Staying up to date about multiple players is an important step in the journey of successfully betting on tennis.
Learn All the Tennis Betting Markets
Do you know what are all the betting markets that you have before you? Learn all the betting markets that you have. The most popular options are:
- Tennis in play betting – This is an exciting betting market many bettors enjoy. It’s exciting as you’re betting on every point, game, or set. That makes bettors much more engaged and keeps the adrenaline high.
- Tennis spread betting – Spread betting is for advanced bettors. The goal is to guess by how many games will a certain player win.
- Set betting – This type of bet will let you guess the winner but also guess the end score in sets.
- Handicap betting – Handicap means that one of the players has an advantage from the start. So the winner has to win by a certain advantage.
- Over/Under – With this bet, you pick whether the number of games is going to be above or under a particular threshold.
- Outright betting – You can also guess who’s going to win a tournament. Guessing this is very challenging, but the odds are usually high.
Once you’re aware of how each of these betting types works, creating betting strategies is much better. You can potentially increase your chances of winning tennis bets more often.
Like with any other sport, learning how to bet on tennis is an ongoing process. The better you understand the game, the higher the chance that you’ll win a bet. It takes a lot of dedication, persistence and luck to win a bet in tennis. That’s why it’s so appealing and many people choose to bet on this sport. It’s often unpredictable and it promises a fun match every time someone is playing.