BUENOS AIRES/STARNBERG, September 26, 2022
The clay-court swing on the ATP Challenger Tour in South America continues this week with the 7th edition of the Challenger de Buenos Aires. The tournament offers a total prize money of $53,120 and is being held at the Racket Club in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Home favourite and World No. 70 Federico Coria leads the field and will start his title bid against Italian Luciano Darderi. Second seed and 96th-ranked German Daniel Altmaier faces Pol Martin Tiffon of Spain in the first round of the main draw.
Two former champions will go head-to-head in a first-round clash, as 2017 winner Nicolas Kicker of Argentina, who lifted the trophy at last week’s Challenger in Villa Maria, will take on his compatriot and 2016 champion Renzo Olivo.
Qualifying action kicked off Sunday with the following results:
Qualifying – First Round
(1) Hernán Casanova (ARG) def. Tomás Farjat 3-6; 7-5; 6-3
(2) Nicolas Alvarez (PER) def. Pedro Sakamoto (BRA) W/O
(3) Facundo Juárez (ARG) def. Eduardo Ribeiro (BRA) 6-2; 6-7; 6-4
(4) Thiago Seyboth Wild (BRA) def. Fermín Tenti (ARG) 6-2; 6-3
(5) Carlos Sanchez Jover (ESP) def. (WC) Alex Barrena (ARG) 6-1; 6-2
(6) Franco Emanuel Egea (ARG) def. Juan Pablo Paz (ARG) 6-3; 6-3
Wilson Leite (BRA) def. (7) José Pereira (BRA) 7-5; 6-3
Jakub Paul (SUI) def. (8) Martin Cuevas (URU) 6-3; 4-6; 7-5
(9) Joao Lucas Reis da Silva (BRA) def. Nicolás Garcia Longo (ARG) 6-2; 6-2
(10) Ignacio Monzón (ARG) def. Leonardo Aboian (ARG) 4-6; 6-4; 7-5
(11) Daniel Rincon (ESP) def. Matías Franco Descotte (ARG) 2-6; 6-2; 6-2
(12) Alejo Lorenzo Lingua Lavallen (ARG) def. (WC) Mariano Kestelboim (ARG) 7-5; 6-3
💫 Llegó el día: arranca el cuadro principal
🏟 Los esperamos a todos en el @RacketClubAR
— Challenger de Buenos Aires (@ChallengerBA) September 26, 2022